- 1. one-half, half, common fraction, simple fraction
- usage: one of two equal parts of a divisible whole; "half a loaf"; "half an hour"; "a century and one half"
- 2. half, part, section, division
- usage: one of two divisions into which some games or performances are divided: the two divisions are separated by an interval
- 1. half(prenominal), fractional (vs. whole)
- usage: consisting of one of two equivalent parts in value or quantity; "a half chicken"; "lasted a half hour"
- 2. half(prenominal), incomplete (vs. complete), uncomplete
- usage: partial; "gave me a half smile"; "he did only a half job"
- 3. half (vs. whole)
- usage: (of siblings) related through one parent only; "a half brother"; "half sister"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. half
- usage: partially or to the extent of a half; "he was half hidden by the bushes"
All rights reserved.
See also: half (Dictionary)