Synonyms of haggard
- 1. Haggard, Rider Haggard, Sir Henry Rider Haggard
- usage: British writer noted for romantic adventure novels (1856-1925)
- 1. careworn, drawn, haggard, raddled, worn, tired (vs. rested)
- usage: showing the wearing effects of overwork or care or suffering; "looking careworn as she bent over her mending"; "her face was drawn and haggard from sleeplessness"; "that raddled but still noble face"; "shocked to see the worn look of his handsome young face"- Charles Dickens
- 2. bony, cadaverous, emaciated, gaunt, haggard, pinched, skeletal, wasted, thin (vs. fat), lean
- usage: very thin especially from disease or hunger or cold; "emaciated bony hands"; "a nightmare population of gaunt men and skeletal boys"; "eyes were haggard and cavernous"; "small pinched faces"; "kept life in his wasted frame only by grim concentration"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of haggard (Dictionary)