- 1. habit, wont, custom, tradition
- usage: an established custom; "it was their habit to dine at 7 every evening"
- 2. habit, use, custom, usage, usance
- usage: (psychology) an automatic pattern of behavior in reaction to a specific situation; may be inherited or acquired through frequent repetition; "owls have nocturnal habits"; "she had a habit twirling the ends of her hair"; "long use had hardened him to it"
- 3. habit, attire, garb, dress
- usage: a distinctive attire worn by a member of a religious order
- 4. habit, growth, growing, maturation, development, ontogeny, ontogenesis
- usage: the general form or mode of growth (especially of a plant or crystal); "a shrub of spreading habit"
- 5. habit, riding habit, attire, garb, dress
- usage: attire that is typically worn by a horseback rider (especially a woman's attire)
- 6. substance abuse, drug abuse, habit, misuse, abuse
- usage: excessive use of drugs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. habit, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: put a habit on
All rights reserved.
See also: habit (Dictionary)