- 1. guy, cat, hombre, bozo, man, adult male
- usage: an informal term for a youth or man; "a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll"
- 2. Guy, effigy, image, simulacrum
- usage: an effigy of Guy Fawkes that is burned on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day
- 3. guy, guy cable, guy wire, guy rope, brace, bracing
- usage: a cable, wire, or rope that is used to brace something (especially a tent)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun, mock, bemock
- usage: subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
- 2. guy, brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: steady or support with a guy wire or cable; "The Italians guyed the Tower of Pisa to prevent it from collapsing"
All rights reserved.
See also: guy (Dictionary)