Synonyms of guy
- 1. guy, cat, hombre, bozo, man, adult male
- usage: an informal term for a youth or man; "a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll"
- 2. Guy, effigy, image, simulacrum
- usage: an effigy of Guy Fawkes that is burned on a bonfire on Guy Fawkes Day
- 3. guy, guy cable, guy wire, guy rope, brace, bracing
- usage: a cable, wire, or rope that is used to brace something (especially a tent)
- 1. ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun, mock, bemock
- usage: subject to laughter or ridicule; "The satirists ridiculed the plans for a new opera house"; "The students poked fun at the inexperienced teacher"; "His former students roasted the professor at his 60th birthday"
- 2. guy, brace, steady, stabilize, stabilise
- usage: steady or support with a guy wire or cable; "The Italians guyed the Tower of Pisa to prevent it from collapsing"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of guy (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.