Synonyms of gun
- 1. gun, weapon, arm, weapon system
- usage: a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
- 2. artillery, heavy weapon, gun, ordnance, armament
- usage: large but transportable armament
- 3. gunman, gun, shot, shooter
- usage: a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
- 4. gunman, gunslinger, hired gun, gun, gun for hire, triggerman, hit man, hitman, torpedo, shooter, murderer, liquidator, manslayer
- usage: a professional killer who uses a gun
- 5. grease-gun, gun, pump
- usage: a hand-operated pump that resembles a revolver; forces grease into parts of a machine
- 6. accelerator, accelerator pedal, gas pedal, gas, throttle, gun, pedal, treadle, foot pedal, foot lever
- usage: a pedal that controls the throttle valve; "he stepped on the gas"
- 7. gun, discharge, firing, firing off
- usage: the discharge of a firearm as signal or as a salute in military ceremonies; "two runners started before the gun"; "a twenty gun salute"
- 1. gun, blast, shoot
- usage: shoot with a gun
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gun (Dictionary)