- 1. gulp, draft, draught, swig, swallow, drink, deglutition
- usage: a large and hurried swallow; "he finished it at a single gulp"
- 2. gulp, gulping, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: a spasmodic reflex of the throat made as if in swallowing
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gulp, quaff, swig, drink, imbibe
- usage: to swallow hurriedly or greedily or in one draught; "The men gulped down their beers"
- 2. gulp, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: utter or make a noise, as when swallowing too quickly; "He gulped for help after choking on a big piece of meat"
All rights reserved.
See also: gulp (Dictionary)