- 1. chump, fool, gull, mark, patsy, fall guy, sucker, soft touch, mug, victim, dupe
- usage: a person who is gullible and easy to take advantage of
- 2. gull, seagull, sea gull, larid
- usage: mostly white aquatic bird having long pointed wings and short legs
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. fool, gull, befool, deceive, lead on, delude, cozen
- usage: make a fool or dupe of
- 2. gull, dupe, slang, befool, cod, fool, put on, take in, put one over, put one across, deceive, betray, lead astray
- usage: fool or hoax; "The immigrant was duped because he trusted everyone"; "You can't fool me!"
All rights reserved.
See also: gull (Dictionary)