WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. guinea, coin
- usage: a former British gold coin worth 21 shillings
- 2. wop, dago, ginzo, Guinea, greaseball, Italian
- usage: (ethnic slur) offensive term for a person of Italian descent
- 3. Guinea, Republic of Guinea, French Guinea
- usage: a republic in western Africa on the Atlantic; formerly a French colony; achieved independence from France in 1958
- 4. guinea fowl, guinea, Numida meleagris, domestic fowl, fowl, poultry
- usage: a west African bird having dark plumage mottled with white; native to Africa but raised for food in many parts of the world
All rights reserved.
See also: guinea (Dictionary)