- 1. grunt, oink, noise
- usage: the short low gruff noise of the kind made by hogs
- 2. grunt, unskilled person
- usage: an unskilled or low-ranking soldier or other worker; "infantrymen in Vietnam were called grunts"; "he went from grunt to chairman in six years"
- 3. grunt, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: medium-sized tropical marine food fishes that utter grunting sounds when caught
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grunt, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: issue a grunting, low, animal-like noise; "He grunted his reluctant approval"
All rights reserved.
See also: grunt (Dictionary)