Synonyms of grown
- 1. turn, grow, change
- usage: pass into a condition gradually, take on a specific property or attribute; become; "The weather turned nasty"; "She grew angry"
- 2. grow, increase
- usage: become larger, greater, or bigger; expand or gain; "The problem grew too large for me"; "Her business grew fast"
- 3. grow, develop
- usage: increase in size by natural process; "Corn doesn't grow here"; "In these forests, mushrooms grow under the trees"; "her hair doesn't grow much anymore"
- 4. grow, develop, make grow
- usage: cause to grow or develop; "He grows vegetables in his backyard"
- 5. mature, maturate, grow, develop
- usage: develop and reach maturity; undergo maturation; "He matured fast"; "The child grew fast"
- 6. originate, arise, rise, develop, uprise, spring up, grow, become
- usage: come into existence; take on form or shape; "A new religious movement originated in that country"; "a love that sprang up from friendship"; "the idea for the book grew out of a short story"; "An interesting phenomenon uprose"
- 7. grow, raise, farm, produce, cultivate
- usage: cultivate by growing, often involving improvements by means of agricultural techniques; "The Bordeaux region produces great red wines"; "They produce good ham in Parma"; "We grow wheat here"; "We raise hogs here"
- 8. grow, develop, produce, get, acquire, change
- usage: come to have or undergo a change of (physical features and attributes); "He grew a beard"; "The patient developed abdominal pains"; "I got funny spots all over my body"; "Well-developed breasts"
- 9. develop, grow, change
- usage: grow emotionally or mature; "The child developed beautifully in her new kindergarten"; "When he spent a summer at camp, the boy grew noticeably and no longer showed some of his old adolescent behavior"
- 10. grow, change
- usage: become attached by or as if by the process of growth; "The tree trunks had grown together"
- 1. adult, big, full-grown, fully grown, grown, grownup, mature (vs. immature)
- usage: (of animals) fully developed; "an adult animal"; "a grown woman"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of grown (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.