- 1. grotesque, art, fine art
- usage: art characterized by an incongruous mixture of parts of humans and animals interwoven with plants
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grotesque, monstrous, ugly (vs. beautiful)
- usage: distorted and unnatural in shape or size; abnormal and hideous; "tales of grotesque serpents eight fathoms long that churned the seas"; "twisted into monstrous shapes"
- 2. antic, fantastic, fantastical, grotesque, strange (vs. familiar), unusual
- usage: ludicrously odd; "Hamlet's assumed antic disposition"; "fantastic Halloween costumes"; "a grotesque reflection in the mirror"
All rights reserved.
See also: grotesque (Dictionary)