Synonyms of gross
- 1. gross, 144, large integer
- usage: twelve dozen
- 2. gross, revenue, receipts, sum, sum of money, amount, amount of money
- usage: the entire amount of income before any deductions are made
- 1. gross, gain, take in, clear, make, earn, realize, realise, pull in, bring in
- usage: earn before taxes, expenses, etc.
- 1. gross (vs. net), overall
- usage: before any deductions; "gross income"
- 2. gross, general (vs. specific)
- usage: lacking fine distinctions or detail; "the gross details of the structure appear reasonable"
- 3. gross, porcine, fat (vs. thin)
- usage: repellently fat; "a bald porcine old man"
- 4. megascopic, gross, visible (vs. invisible), seeable
- usage: visible to the naked eye (especially of rocks and anatomical features)
- 5. arrant(prenominal), complete(prenominal), consummate(prenominal), double-dyed(prenominal), everlasting(prenominal), gross(prenominal), perfect(prenominal), pure(prenominal), sodding(prenominal), stark(prenominal), staring(prenominal), thoroughgoing(prenominal), utter(prenominal), unadulterated, unmitigated (vs. mitigated)
- usage: without qualification; used informally as (often pejorative) intensifiers; "an arrant fool"; "a complete coward"; "a consummate fool"; "a double-dyed villain"; "gross negligence"; "a perfect idiot"; "pure folly"; "what a sodding mess"; "stark staring mad"; "a thoroughgoing villain"; "utter nonsense"; "the unadulterated truth"
- 6. crude, earthy, gross, vulgar, indecent (vs. decent)
- usage: conspicuously and tastelessly indecent; "coarse language"; "a crude joke"; "crude behavior"; "an earthy sense of humor"; "a revoltingly gross expletive"; "a vulgar gesture"; "full of language so vulgar it should have been edited"
- 7. crying(prenominal), egregious, flagrant, glaring, gross, rank, conspicuous (vs. inconspicuous)
- usage: conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible; "a crying shame"; "an egregious lie"; "flagrant violation of human rights"; "a glaring error"; "gross ineptitude"; "gross injustice"; "rank treachery"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gross (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.