- 1. grip, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: hold fast or firmly; "He gripped the steering wheel"
- 2. grapple, grip, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match; "the two men grappled with each other for several minutes"
- 3. fascinate, transfix, grip, spellbind, interest
- usage: to render motionless, as with a fixed stare or by arousing terror or awe; "The snake charmer fascinates the cobra"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. absorbing, engrossing, fascinating, gripping, riveting, interesting (vs. uninteresting)
- usage: capable of arousing and holding the attention; "a fascinating story"
All rights reserved.
See also: gripping (Dictionary)