WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gryphon, griffin, griffon, mythical monster, mythical creature
- usage: winged monster with the head of an eagle and the body of a lion
- 2. griffon, Brussels griffon, Belgian griffon, dog, domestic dog, Canis familiaris
- usage: breed of various very small compact wiry-coated dogs of Belgian origin having a short bearded muzzle
- 3. griffon, wire-haired pointing griffon, sporting dog, gun dog
- usage: breed of medium-sized long-headed dogs with downy undercoat and harsh wiry outer coat; originated in Holland but largely developed in France
- 4. griffon vulture, griffon, Gyps fulvus, Old World vulture
- usage: large vulture of southern Europe and northern Africa having pale plumage with black wings
All rights reserved.
See also: griffon (Dictionary)