WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grid, form, shape, pattern
- usage: a pattern of regularly spaced horizontal and vertical lines
- 2. power system, power grid, grid, facility, installation
- usage: a system of high tension cables by which electrical power is distributed throughout a region
- 3. grid, storage-battery grid, plate
- usage: a perforated or corrugated metal plate used in a storage battery as a conductor and support for the active material
- 4. grid, control grid, electrode
- usage: an electrode placed between the cathode and anode of a vacuum tube to control the flow of electrons through the tube
- 5. grid, gridiron, cooking utensil, cookware
- usage: a cooking utensil of parallel metal bars; used to grill fish or meat
All rights reserved.
See also: grid (Dictionary)