WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. Rebel, Reb, Johnny Reb, Johnny, greyback, Confederate soldier
- usage: `Johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War; `greyback' derived from their grey Confederate uniforms
- 2. greyback, grayback, Limnodromus griseus, dowitcher
- usage: a dowitcher with a grey back
- 3. knot, greyback, grayback, Calidris canutus, sandpiper
- usage: a sandpiper that breeds in the Arctic and winters in the southern hemisphere
All rights reserved.
See also: greyback (Dictionary)