- 1. Grey, Zane Grey
- usage: United States writer of western adventure novels (1875-1939)
- 2. Grey, Lady Jane Grey
- usage: Queen of England for nine days in 1553; she was quickly replaced by Mary Tudor and beheaded for treason (1537-1554)
- 3. Grey, Charles Grey, Second Earl Grey
- usage: Englishman who as Prime Minister implemented social reforms including the abolition of slavery throughout the British Empire (1764-1845)
- 4. grey, gray, organization, organisation
- usage: any organization or party whose uniforms or badges are grey; "the Confederate army was a vast grey"
- 5. gray, grayness, grey, greyness, achromatic color, achromatic colour
- usage: a neutral achromatic color midway between white and black
- 6. grey, gray, clothing, article of clothing, vesture, wear, wearable, habiliment
- usage: clothing that is a grey color; "he was dressed in grey"
- 7. grey, gray, saddle horse, riding horse, mount
- usage: horse of a light gray or whitish color
- 1. grey, gray, color, colorize, colorise, colourise, colourize, colour, color in, colour in
- usage: make grey; "The painter decided to grey the sky"
- 2. grey, gray, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn grey; "Her hair began to grey"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. grey, gray, greyish, grayish, achromatic (vs. chromatic), neutral
- usage: of an achromatic color of any lightness intermediate between the extremes of white and black; "the little grey cells"; "gray flannel suit"; "a man with greyish hair"
- 2. grey, gray, grey-haired, gray-haired, grey-headed, gray-headed, grizzly, hoar, hoary, white-haired, old (vs. young)
- usage: showing characteristics of age, especially having grey or white hair; "whose beard with age is hoar"-Coleridge; "nodded his hoary head"
- 3. grey, gray, southern (vs. northern)
- usage: used to signify the Confederate forces in the American Civil War (who wore grey uniforms); "a stalwart grey figure"
- 4. grey, gray, intermediate (vs. terminal)
- usage: intermediate in character or position; "a grey area between clearly legal and strictly illegal"
All rights reserved.
See also: grey (Dictionary)