WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gravity, gravitation, gravitational attraction, gravitational force, attraction, attractive force
- usage: (physics) the force of attraction between all masses in the universe; especially the attraction of the earth's mass for bodies near its surface; "the more remote the body the less the gravity"; "the gravitation between two bodies is proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them"; "gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love"--Albert Einstein
- 2. graveness, gravity, sobriety, soberness, somberness, sombreness, seriousness, earnestness, serious-mindedness, sincerity
- usage: a manner that is serious and solemn
- 3. gravity, solemnity, feeling
- usage: a solemn and dignified feeling
All rights reserved.
See also: gravity (Dictionary)