Synonyms of grapple
- 1. grapnel, grapple, grappler, grappling hook, grappling iron, tool
- usage: a tool consisting of several hooks for grasping and holding; often thrown with a rope
- 2. clamshell, grapple, dredging bucket
- usage: a dredging bucket with hinges like the shell of a clam
- 3. wrestle, wrestling, grapple, grappling, hand-to-hand struggle, struggle
- usage: the act of engaging in close hand-to-hand combat; "they had a fierce wrestle"; "we watched his grappling and wrestling with the bully"
- 1. cope, get by, make out, make do, contend, grapple, deal, manage, act, move
- usage: come to terms with; "We got by on just a gallon of gas"; "They made do on half a loaf of bread every day"
- 2. grapple, grip, seize, prehend, clutch
- usage: to grip or seize, as in a wrestling match; "the two men grappled with each other for several minutes"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of grapple (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.