- 1. graft, transplant, animal tissue
- usage: (surgery) tissue or organ transplanted from a donor to a recipient; in some cases the patient can be both donor and recipient
- 2. bribery, graft, felony
- usage: the practice of offering something (usually money) in order to gain an illicit advantage
- 3. graft, grafting, attachment, affixation
- usage: the act of grafting something onto something else
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. graft, engraft, ingraft, join, conjoin
- usage: cause to grow together parts from different plants; "graft the cherry tree branch onto the plum tree"
- 2. transplant, graft, insert, infix, enter, introduce
- usage: place the organ of a donor into the body of a recipient
All rights reserved.
See also: graft (Dictionary)