- 1. alumnus, alumna, alum, graduate, grad, scholar, scholarly person, bookman, student
- usage: a person who has received a degree from a school (high school or college or university)
- 2. graduate, measuring instrument, measuring system, measuring device
- usage: a measuring instrument for measuring fluid volume; a glass container (cup or cylinder or flask) whose sides are marked with or divided into amounts
- 1. graduate, receive, have
- usage: receive an academic degree upon completion of one's studies; "She graduated in 1990"
- 2. graduate, confer, bestow
- usage: confer an academic degree upon; "This school graduates 2,000 students each year"
- 3. calibrate, graduate, fine-tune, adjust, set, correct
- usage: make fine adjustments or divide into marked intervals for optimal measuring; "calibrate an instrument"; "graduate a cylinder"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. graduate(prenominal), postgraduate, high (vs. low)
- usage: of or relating to studies beyond a bachelor's degree; "graduate courses"
All rights reserved.
See also: graduate (Dictionary)