- 1. gradual, antiphon, antiphony
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) an antiphon (usually from the Book of Psalms) immediately after the epistle at Mass
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gradual (vs. sudden), bit-by-bit, in small stages, piecemeal, step-by-step, stepwise, gradational, gradatory, graduated, slow
- usage: proceeding in small stages; "a gradual increase in prices"
- 2. gradual (vs. steep), easy, gentle, sloping, inclined
- usage: (of a topographical gradient) not steep or abrupt; "a gradual slope"
All rights reserved.
See also: gradual (Dictionary)