Synonyms of grace
- 1. grace, saving grace, state of grace, state
- usage: (Christian theology) a state of sanctification by God; the state of one who is under such divine influence; "the conception of grace developed alongside the conception of sin"; "it was debated whether saving grace could be obtained outside the membership of the church"; "the Virgin lived in a state of grace"
- 2. grace, gracility, gracefulness
- usage: elegance and beauty of movement or expression; "a beautiful figure which she used in subtle movements of unparalleled grace"
- 3. seemliness, grace, propriety, properness, correctitude
- usage: a sense of propriety and consideration for others; "a place where the company of others must be accepted with good grace"
- 4. grace, good will, goodwill, good nature
- usage: a disposition to kindness and compassion; "the victor's grace in treating the vanquished"
- 5. Grace, Greek deity
- usage: (Greek mythology) one of three sisters who were the givers of beauty and charm; a favorite subject for sculptors
- 6. grace, blessing, thanksgiving, prayer, petition, orison
- usage: a short prayer of thanks before a meal; "their youngest son said grace"
- 7. grace, grace of God, free grace, beneficence
- usage: (Christian theology) the free and unmerited favor or beneficence of God; "God's grace is manifested in the salvation of sinners"; "there but for the grace of God go I"
- 1. decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- 2. deck, adorn, decorate, grace, embellish, beautify, be
- usage: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of grace (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.