- 1. gown, dress, frock
- usage: a woman's dress, usually with a close-fitting bodice and a long flared skirt, often worn on formal occasions
- 2. gown, university
- usage: the members of a university as distinguished from the other residents of the town in which the university is located; "the relations between town and gown are always sensitive"
- 3. nightgown, gown, nightie, night-robe, nightdress, lingerie, intimate apparel, nightwear, sleepwear, nightclothes
- usage: lingerie consisting of a loose dress designed to be worn in bed by women
- 4. gown, surgical gown, scrubs, garment
- usage: protective garment worn by surgeons during operations
- 5. gown, robe, outerwear, overclothes
- usage: outerwear consisting of a long flowing garment used for official or ceremonial occasions
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gown, dress, clothe, enclothe, garb, raiment, tog, garment, habilitate, fit out, apparel
- usage: dress in a gown
All rights reserved.
See also: gown (Dictionary)