- 1. dent, ding, gouge, nick, blemish, defect, mar
- usage: an impression in a surface (as made by a blow)
- 2. gouge, edge tool
- usage: and edge tool with a blade like a trough for cutting channels or grooves
- 3. gouge, creating by removal
- usage: the act of gouging
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gouge, force out, mutilate, mar
- usage: force with the thumb; "gouge out his eyes"
- 2. extort, squeeze, rack, gouge, wring, overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
- usage: obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
- 3. rout, gouge, hollow, hollow out, core out
- usage: make a groove in
All rights reserved.
See also: gouge (Dictionary)