- 1. chitchat, chit-chat, chit chat, small talk, gab, gabfest, gossip, tittle-tattle, chin wag, chin-wag, chin wagging, chin-wagging, causerie, chat, confab, confabulation, schmooze, schmoose
- usage: light informal conversation for social occasions
- 2. gossip, comment, scuttlebutt, report, account
- usage: a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people; "the divorce caused much gossip"
- 3. gossip, gossiper, gossipmonger, rumormonger, rumourmonger, newsmonger, communicator
- usage: a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. dish the dirt, gossip, talk, speak
- usage: wag one's tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies; "She won't dish the dirt"
- 2. chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit, converse, discourse
- usage: talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
All rights reserved.
See also: gossip (Dictionary)