Synonyms of gossip
- 1. chitchat, chit-chat, chit chat, small talk, gab, gabfest, gossip, tittle-tattle, chin wag, chin-wag, chin wagging, chin-wagging, causerie, chat, confab, confabulation, schmooze, schmoose
- usage: light informal conversation for social occasions
- 2. gossip, comment, scuttlebutt, report, account
- usage: a report (often malicious) about the behavior of other people; "the divorce caused much gossip"
- 3. gossip, gossiper, gossipmonger, rumormonger, rumourmonger, newsmonger, communicator
- usage: a person given to gossiping and divulging personal information about others
- 1. dish the dirt, gossip, talk, speak
- usage: wag one's tongue; speak about others and reveal secrets or intimacies; "She won't dish the dirt"
- 2. chew the fat, shoot the breeze, chat, confabulate, confab, chitchat, chit-chat, chatter, chaffer, natter, gossip, jaw, claver, visit, converse, discourse
- usage: talk socially without exchanging too much information; "the men were sitting in the cafe and shooting the breeze"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gossip (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.