- 1. gossamer, gauze, netting, veiling
- usage: a gauze fabric with an extremely fine texture
- 2. cobweb, gossamer, fibril, filament, strand
- usage: filaments from a web that was spun by a spider
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ethereal, gossamer, delicate (vs. rugged)
- usage: characterized by unusual lightness and delicacy; "this smallest and most ethereal of birds"; "gossamer shading through his playing"
- 2. diaphanous, filmy, gauzy, gauze-like, gossamer, see-through, sheer, transparent, vaporous, vapourous, cobwebby, thin (vs. thick)
- usage: so thin as to transmit light; "a hat with a diaphanous veil"; "filmy wings of a moth"; "gauzy clouds of dandelion down"; "gossamer cobwebs"; "sheer silk stockings"; "transparent chiffon"; "vaporous silks"
All rights reserved.
See also: gossamer (Dictionary)