- 1. gorge, ravine
- usage: a deep ravine (usually with a river running through it)
- 2. defile, gorge, pass, mountain pass, notch
- usage: a narrow pass (especially one between mountains)
- 3. esophagus, oesophagus, gorge, gullet, passage, passageway, muscular structure, musculature, muscle system
- usage: the passage between the pharynx and the stomach
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gorge, ingurgitate, overindulge, glut, englut, stuff, engorge, overgorge, overeat, gormandize, gormandise, gourmandize, binge, pig out, satiate, scarf out, eat
- usage: overeat or eat immodestly; make a pig of oneself; "She stuffed herself at the dinner"; "The kids binged on ice cream"
All rights reserved.
See also: gorge (Dictionary)