WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aureate, gilded, gilt, gold, golden, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate (or golden) hair"; "a gold carpet"
- 2. golden, halcyon, prosperous, happy (vs. unhappy)
- usage: marked by peace and prosperity; "a golden era"; "the halcyon days of the clipper trade"
- 3. gold, golden, gilded, metallic (vs. nonmetallic), metal(prenominal)
- usage: made from or covered with gold; "gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol"; "the golden calf"; "gilded icons"
- 4. fortunate, golden, blessed (vs. cursed), blest
- usage: supremely favored; "golden lads and girls all must / like chimney sweepers come to dust"
- 5. golden, euphonious (vs. cacophonous), euphonous
- usage: suggestive of gold; "a golden voice"
- 6. golden, favorable, favourable, lucky, prosperous, propitious (vs. unpropitious)
- usage: presaging or likely to bring good luck; "a favorable time to ask for a raise"; "lucky stars"; "a prosperous moment to make a decision"
All rights reserved.
See also: golden (Dictionary)