- 1. goldbrick, soldier, slacker, shirker
- usage: a soldier who performs his duties without proper care or effort
- 2. goldbrick, goof-off, ne'er-do-well, good-for-nothing, no-account, good-for-naught, idler, loafer, do-nothing, layabout, bum
- usage: an idle worthless person
- 3. goldbrick, block, cube
- usage: a brick-shaped block that looks like gold but is not
- 4. goldbrick, fraud, fraudulence, dupery, hoax, humbug, put-on
- usage: anything that is supposed to be valuable but turns out to be worthless
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. victimize, swindle, rook, goldbrick, nobble, diddle, bunco, defraud, scam, mulct, gyp, gip, hornswoggle, short-change, con, cheat, rip off, chisel
- usage: deprive of by deceit; "He swindled me out of my inheritance"; "She defrauded the customers who trusted her"; "the cashier gypped me when he gave me too little change"
- 2. fiddle, shirk, shrink from, goldbrick, avoid
- usage: avoid (one's assigned duties); "The derelict soldier shirked his duties"
All rights reserved.
See also: goldbrick (Dictionary)