Synonyms of go up
- 1. rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move upward; "The fog lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
- 2. rise, go up, climb, grow
- usage: increase in value or to a higher point; "prices climbed steeply"; "the value of our house rose sharply last year"
- 3. approach, near, come on, go up, draw near, draw close, come near, come, come up
- usage: move towards; "We were approaching our destination"; "They are drawing near"; "The enemy army came nearer and nearer"
- 4. go up, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: be erected, built, or constructed; "New buildings are going up everywhere"
- 5. climb, climb up, mount, go up, rise, lift, arise, move up, go up, come up, uprise
- usage: go upward with gradual or continuous progress; "Did you ever climb up the hill behind your house?"
- 6. burn down, burn up, go up, burn, combust
- usage: burn completely; be consumed or destroyed by fire; "The hut burned down"; "The mountain of paper went up in flames"
- 7. ascend, go up, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: travel up, "We ascended the mountain"; "go up a ladder"; "The mountaineers slowly ascended the steep slope"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.