Synonyms of go down
- 1. godown, warehouse, storage warehouse
- usage: (in India and Malaysia) a warehouse
- 1. descend, fall, go down, come down, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move downward and lower, but not necessarily all the way; "The temperature is going down"; "The barometer is falling"; "The curtain fell on the diva"; "Her hand went up and then fell again"
- 2. sink, settle, go down, go under, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: go under, "The raft sank and its occupants drowned"
- 3. decline, go down, wane, decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
- usage: grow smaller; "Interest in the project waned"
- 4. go down
- usage: be recorded or remembered; "She will go down as the first feminist"
- 5. go down
- usage: be ingested; "This wine sure goes down well"; "The food wouldn't go down"
- 6. go down, lose
- usage: be defeated; "If America goes down, the free world will go down, too"
- 7. set, go down, go under, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: disappear beyond the horizon; "the sun sets early these days"
- 8. crash, go down, fail, go bad, give way, die, give out, conk out, go, break, break down
- usage: stop operating; "My computer crashed last night"; "The system goes down at least once a week"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.