- 1. gnarl, flex, bend, deform, twist, turn
- usage: twist into a state of deformity; "The wind has gnarled this old tree"
- 2. murmur, mutter, grumble, croak, gnarl, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: make complaining remarks or noises under one's breath; "she grumbles when she feels overworked"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gnarled, gnarly, knotted, knotty, knobbed, crooked (vs. straight)
- usage: used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots; "gnarled and knotted hands"; "a knobbed stick"
All rights reserved.
See also: gnarled (Dictionary)