WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. laud, extol, exalt, glorify, proclaim, praise
- usage: praise, glorify, or honor; "extol the virtues of one's children"; "glorify one's spouse's cooking"
- 2. glorify, change, alter, modify
- usage: bestow glory upon; "The victory over the enemy glorified the Republic"
- 3. transfigure, glorify, spiritualize, change, alter, modify
- usage: elevate or idealize, in allusion to Christ's transfiguration
- 4. glorify, embroider, pad, lard, embellish, aggrandize, aggrandise, blow up, dramatize, dramatise
- usage: cause to seem more splendid; "You are glorifying a rather mediocre building"
All rights reserved.
See also: glorify (Dictionary)