Synonyms of gloom
- 1. gloom, somberness, sombreness, semidarkness
- usage: a state of partial or total darkness; "he struck a match to dispel the gloom"
- 2. gloom, gloominess, somberness, sombreness, melancholy, apprehension, apprehensiveness, dread
- usage: a feeling of melancholy apprehension
- 3. gloom, gloominess, glumness, atmosphere, ambiance, ambience
- usage: an atmosphere of depression and melancholy; "gloom pervaded the office"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of gloom (Dictionary)
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.