- 1. semivowel, glide, phone, speech sound, sound
- usage: a vowellike sound that serves as a consonant
- 2. slide, glide, coast, motion, movement, move
- usage: the act of moving smoothly along a surface while remaining in contact with it; "his slide didn't stop until the bottom of the hill"; "the children lined up for a coast down the snowy slope"
- 3. glide, gliding, sailplaning, soaring, sailing, flight, flying
- usage: the activity of flying a glider
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glide, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move smoothly and effortlessly
- 2. glide, fly, aviate, pilot
- usage: fly in or as if in a glider plane
- 3. glide, move, displace
- usage: cause to move or pass silently, smoothly, or imperceptibly
All rights reserved.
See also: glide (Dictionary)