- 1. glaze, topping
- usage: any of various thin shiny (savory or sweet) coatings applied to foods
- 2. glaze, polish, gloss, glossiness, burnish
- usage: a glossy finish on a fabric
- 3. glaze, coating, finish, finishing
- usage: a coating for ceramics, metal, etc.
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glaze, coat, surface
- usage: coat with a glaze; "the potter glazed the dishes"; "glaze the bread with eggwhite"
- 2. glaze, glass, glass over, glaze over, change
- usage: become glassy or take on a glass-like appearance; "Her eyes glaze over when she is bored"
- 3. glass, glaze, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: furnish with glass; "glass the windows"
- 4. sugarcoat, glaze, candy, sweeten, dulcify, edulcorate, dulcorate
- usage: coat with something sweet, such as a hard sugar glaze
All rights reserved.
See also: glaze (Dictionary)