WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glassy, smooth (vs. rough)
- usage: resembling glass in smoothness and shininess and slickness; "the glassy surface of the lake"; "the pavement was...glassy with water"- Willa Cather
- 2. glassy, glazed, empty (vs. full)
- usage: (used of eyes) lacking liveliness; "empty eyes"; "a glassy stare"; "his eyes were glazed over with boredom"
- 3. glassy, vitreous, vitrified, glazed (vs. unglazed), shiny
- usage: (of ceramics) having the surface made shiny and nonporous by fusing a vitreous solution to it; "glazed pottery"; "glassy porcelain"; "hard vitreous china used for plumbing fixtures"
All rights reserved.
See also: glassy (Dictionary)