- 1. glare, blaze, brilliance, brightness
- usage: a light within the field of vision that is brighter than the brightness to which the eyes are adapted; "a glare of sunlight"
- 2. glare, glower, stare
- usage: an angry stare
- 3. limelight, spotlight, glare, public eye, prominence
- usage: a focus of public attention; "he enjoyed being in the limelight"; "when Congress investigates it brings the full glare of publicity to the agency"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glower, glare, stare
- usage: look at with a fixed gaze; "The girl glared at the man who tried to make a pass at her"
- 2. glare, reflect, shine
- usage: be sharply reflected; "The moon glared back at itself from the lake's surface"
- 3. glare, shine, beam
- usage: shine intensely; "The sun glared down on us"
All rights reserved.
See also: glare (Dictionary)