- 1. gladiolus, gladiola, glad, sword lily, iridaceous plant
- usage: any of numerous plants of the genus Gladiolus native chiefly to tropical and South Africa having sword-shaped leaves and one-sided spikes of brightly colored funnel-shaped flowers; widely cultivated
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. glad (vs. sad), gladsome, cheerful
- usage: showing or causing joy and pleasure; especially made happy; "glad you are here"; "glad that they succeeded"; "gave a glad shout"; "a glad smile"; "heard the glad news"; "a glad occasion"
- 2. glad, happy, willing (vs. unwilling)
- usage: eagerly disposed to act or to be of service; "glad to help"
- 3. glad, grateful (vs. ungrateful), thankful
- usage: feeling happy appreciation; "glad of the fire's warmth"
- 4. beaming, glad, cheerful (vs. depressing)
- usage: cheerful and bright; "a beaming smile"; "a glad May morning"
All rights reserved.
See also: glad (Dictionary)