- 1. ginger, herb, herbaceous plant
- usage: perennial plants having thick branching aromatic rhizomes and leafy reedlike stems
- 2. ginger, powdered ginger, spice
- usage: dried ground gingerroot
- 3. ginger, gingerroot, flavorer, flavourer, flavoring, flavouring, seasoner, seasoning
- usage: pungent rhizome of the common ginger plant; used fresh as a seasoning especially in Asian cookery
- 4. pep, peppiness, ginger, liveliness, life, spirit, sprightliness
- usage: liveliness and energy; "this tonic is guaranteed to give you more pep"
- 1. ginger, zest, spice, spice up
- usage: add ginger to in order to add flavor; "ginger the soup"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ginger, gingery, colored (vs. uncolored), coloured, colorful
- usage: (used especially of hair or fur) having a bright orange-brown color; "a man with gingery hair and bright blue eyes"; "a ginger kitten"
All rights reserved.
See also: ginger (Dictionary)