- 1. gin, liquor, spirits, booze, hard drink, hard liquor, John Barleycorn, strong drink
- usage: strong liquor flavored with juniper berries
- 2. snare, gin, noose, trap
- usage: a trap for birds or small mammals; often has a slip noose
- 3. cotton gin, gin, machine
- usage: a machine that separates the seeds from raw cotton fibers
- 4. gin, gin rummy, knock rummy, rummy, rum
- usage: a form of rummy in which a player can go out if the cards remaining in their hand total less than 10 points
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gin, separate, disunite, divide, part
- usage: separate the seeds from (cotton) with a cotton gin
- 2. gin, trap, entrap, snare, ensnare, trammel
- usage: trap with a snare; "gin game"
All rights reserved.
See also: gin (Dictionary)