WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. catch, gimmick, drawback
- usage: a drawback or difficulty that is not readily evident; "it sounds good but what's the catch?"
- 2. doodad, doohickey, doojigger, gimmick, gizmo, gismo, gubbins, thingamabob, thingumabob, thingmabob, thingamajig, thingumajig, thingmajig, thingummy, whatchamacallit, whatchamacallum, whatsis, widget, stuff
- usage: something unspecified whose name is either forgotten or not known; "she eased the ball-shaped doodad back into its socket"; "there may be some great new gizmo around the corner that you will want to use"
- 3. device, gimmick, twist, maneuver, manoeuvre, tactical maneuver, tactical manoeuvre
- usage: any clever maneuver; "he would stoop to any device to win a point"; "it was a great sales gimmick"; "a cheap promotions gimmick for greedy businessmen"
All rights reserved.
See also: gimmick (Dictionary)