- 1. gilt, gilding, coating, coat
- usage: a coating of gold or of something that looks like gold
- 1. gild, begild, engild, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with, or as if with, gold leaf or liquid gold
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. aureate, gilded, gilt, gold, golden, chromatic (vs. achromatic)
- usage: having the deep slightly brownish color of gold; "long aureate (or golden) hair"; "a gold carpet"
All rights reserved.
See also: gilt (Dictionary)