WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gill, British capacity unit, Imperial capacity unit
- usage: a British imperial capacity unit (liquid or dry) equal to 5 fluid ounces or 142.066 cubic centimeters
- 2. gill, United States liquid unit
- usage: a United States liquid unit equal to 4 fluid ounces
- 3. gill, lamella, plant organ
- usage: any of the radiating leaflike spore-producing structures on the underside of the cap of a mushroom or similar fungus
- 4. gill, branchia, respiratory organ
- usage: respiratory organ of aquatic animals that breathe oxygen dissolved in water
All rights reserved.
See also: gill (Dictionary)