- 1. ghost, shade, spook, wraith, specter, spectre, apparition, phantom, phantasm, phantasma, fantasm, shadow
- usage: a mental representation of some haunting experience; "he looked like he had seen a ghost"; "it aroused specters from his past"
- 2. ghostwriter, ghost, writer, author
- usage: a writer who gives the credit of authorship to someone else
- 3. ghost, soul, psyche
- usage: the visible disembodied soul of a dead person
- 4. touch, trace, ghost, suggestion, proposition, proffer
- usage: a suggestion of some quality; "there was a touch of sarcasm in his tone"; "he detected a ghost of a smile on her face"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ghost, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move like a ghost; "The masked men ghosted across the moonlit yard"
- 2. haunt, obsess, ghost, preoccupy
- usage: haunt like a ghost; pursue; "Fear of illness haunts her"
- 3. ghost, ghostwrite, author
- usage: write for someone else; "How many books have you ghostwritten so far?"
All rights reserved.
See also: ghost (Dictionary)