Synonyms of get down
- 1. get down, move
- usage: lower (one's body) as by kneeling; "Get down on your knees!"
- 2. lower, take down, let down, get down, bring down, move, displace
- usage: move something or somebody to a lower position; "take down the vase from the shelf"
- 3. unhorse, dismount, light, get off, get down, descend, fall, go down, come down
- usage: alight from (a horse)
- 4. swallow, get down, consume, ingest, take in, take, have
- usage: pass through the esophagus as part of eating or drinking; "Swallow the raw fish--it won't kill you!"
- 5. depress, deject, cast down, get down, dismay, dispirit, demoralize, demoralise, discourage
- usage: lower someone's spirits; make downhearted; "These news depressed her"; "The bad state of her child's health demoralizes her"
- 6. write down, set down, get down, put down, write
- usage: put down in writing; of texts, musical compositions, etc.
- 7. get down, begin, get, start out, start, set about, set out, commence
- usage: take the first step or steps in carrying out an action; "We began working at dawn"; "Who will start?"; "Get working as soon as the sun rises!"; "The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"; "He began early in the day"; "Let's get down to work now"
All rights reserved.
Here are the facts and trivia that people are buzzing about.