WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. source, seed, germ, inspiration
- usage: anything that provides inspiration for later work
- 2. germ, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a small apparently simple structure (as a fertilized egg) from which new tissue can develop into a complete organism
- 3. microbe, bug, germ, microorganism, micro-organism
- usage: a minute life form (especially a disease-causing bacterium); the term is not in technical use
All rights reserved.
See also: germ (Dictionary)