WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. genuine (vs. counterfeit), echt, authentic, bona fide, unquestionable, veritable, attested, authenticated, documented, good, honest, honest-to-god, honest-to-goodness, old(prenominal), sure-enough(prenominal), honest#1, honorable, real#1, existent, sincere, true
- usage: not fake or counterfeit; "a genuine Picasso"; "genuine leather"
- 2. genuine, true(prenominal), unfeigned, sincere (vs. insincere)
- usage: not pretended; sincerely felt or expressed; "genuine emotion"; "her interest in people was unfeigned"; "true grief"
- 3. actual, genuine, literal, real, true (vs. false)
- usage: being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something; "her actual motive"; "a literal solitude like a desert"- G.K.Chesterton; "a genuine dilemma"
All rights reserved.
See also: genuine (Dictionary)