WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. familial, genetic, hereditary, inherited, transmitted, transmissible, inheritable (vs. noninheritable), heritable
- usage: occurring among members of a family usually by heredity; "an inherited disease"; "familial traits"; "genetically transmitted features"
- 2. genic, genetic, genetical
- usage: of or relating to or produced by or being a gene; "genic combinations"; "genetic code"
- 3. genetic
- usage: pertaining to or referring to origin; "genetic history reconstructs the origins of a literary work"
- 4. genetic, genetical
- usage: of or relating to the science of genetics; "genetic research"
All rights reserved.
See also: genetic (Dictionary)